The Faculty of Business and Economics engages in high quality research and education across all its disciplines in order to improve the human condition and have a positive impact on a changing world.
The Faculty pursues its mission by:
- recruiting talented staff and students and providing them with a responsive, relevant and challenging intellectual environment that supports academic excellence
- leveraging its scale, scope and international reach to conduct high quality research that extends the boundaries of knowledge
- applying knowledge in a way that helps to address the theoretical and practical challenges that face communities around the world
- delivering degree programs that develop, enhance and reward critical and creative scholarship and global engagement
- embracing a philosophy of continuous improvement driven by rigorous self-assessment and external benchmarking.
The Faculty of Business and Economics at Monash University will be recognized as one of the world’s leading academies of scholarship in business, economics and related disciplines, with the standing of its flagship activities verified by the most esteemed international arbiters of quality.
Consistent with Monash University, the Faculty of Business and Economics upholds the values of human rights, social justice, and respect for diversity in individuals, communities and ideas. While pursuing its mission and vision, the Faculty is committed to:
- excellence in education, research and everything we do
- providing opportunities for staff and students to pursue their individual career aspirations
- providing a collegiate environment in which we treat our students, staff and community with respect
- responsible and effective global citizenship
- local, national and international engagement in its education and research
- integrity, transparency and accountability in our internal governance
- working collaboratively with all our stakeholders
- upholding the principles for responsible management education.