About Equity and Social Inclusion
We support the University's goals to provide a fair environment, respectful of different cultures, religions, genders, and sexual preferences, and supportive of people with disabilities and chronic medical conditions.
By upholding principles of equity and social inclusion, we help our staff and students to reach their full potential.
The Faculty of Business and Economics applies Monash University's policies for equity and social inclusion. We welcome staff, students and visitors from around the world and a range of socioeconomic backgrounds, who bring a cultural diversity that greatly enriches our faculty.
Our major activities are in four areas:
- supporting staff and students with disabilities,
- promoting equal opportunity for women in the workplace,
- promoting equity of access and participation for students in the faculty,
- supporting indigenous staff and students.
The Equity and Social Inclusion Committee of the Faculty of Business and Economics was established in 2010 to replace the Equity and Diversity Committee. Its revised name reflects the current structure and values of University committees. The Faculty's 2011 - 2013 Equity and Social Inclusion Plan sets out a framework to ensure that our Equity and Social Inclusion goals are achieved.
- Disability Contact Officer Dr Pieter Van Dijk
- Student Equity Officers
- Secretary, Equity and Social Inclusion Committee
- Professor Keryn Chalmers, Chair, Equity and Social Inclusion Committee
Equity and Social Inclusion at Monash University
Monash University promotes equity and social inclusion through its policies and programs and the work of its committee. Visit the full list of policies, programs, committee structures and drafts of new policies at the homepage of the Monash Equity and Diversity Centre.
University Social Inclusion Strategy and Plans include:
- Gender Equity Strategy 2011-2015
- Monash Social Inclusion Strategy
- Monash Social Inclusion Strategy announced
- Monash Gender Equity Strategy
Development and Training