About Equity and Social Inclusion
We support the University's goals to provide a fair environment, respectful of different cultures, religions, genders, and sexual preferences, and supportive of people with disabilities and chronic medical conditions.
By upholding principles of equity and social inclusion, we help our staff and students to reach their full potential.
The Faculty of Business and Economics applies Monash University's policies for equity and social inclusion. We welcome staff, students and visitors from around the world and a range of socioeconomic backgrounds, who bring a cultural diversity that greatly enriches our faculty.
Our major activities are in four areas:
- supporting staff and students with disabilities,
- promoting equal opportunity for women in the workplace,
- promoting equity of access and participation for students in the faculty,
- supporting indigenous staff and students.
Monash University promotes equity and social inclusion through its policies and programs and the work of its committee. Visit the full list of policies, programs, committee structures and drafts of new policies at the homepage of the Monash Equity and Diversity Centre.
The Equity and Social Inclusion Committee of the Faculty of Business and Economics was established in 2010 to replace the Equity and Diversity Committee. Its revised name reflects the current structure and values of University committees.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Inclusion Strategy and Plans:
- Gender Equity Strategy 2011-2015
- Monash Social Inclusion Strategy
- Monash Social Inclusion Strategy announced
- Monash Gender Equity Strategy
- Faculty of Business and Economics Equity and Social Inclusion Plan
News and Current Events:
- 2013 Faculty Diversity and Inclusion Week Events
- Report of Academic Women Discussion Forum: 29 March 2011
- Cultural Calendars
Programs and Activities:
- Gender Equity Grants
- Gender Equity Toolkit
- Equal Opportunity Training
- Mental Health First Aid Training
- Equal Opportunity for Women
- Student Equity
- P.A.L. Program
- Indigenous Students
- Staff and Students with Disability
- Disability Contact Officer: Dr Pieter Van Dijk
- PEERS Program