The ambassador program is about developing valuable team and leadership skills. We will provide the skills and experiences allowing you to develop your confidence in leading groups. You will represent your faculty at public events such as orientation, open day and school presentations, gaining experience and attributes desirable in a leader.
You will be encouraged to become (or continue being) involved with the university, other students, and the wider community. The skills and experience gained will be invaluable in your future, both personal and career. Your leadership, team work skills, and engagement with the university will be acknowledged with a certificate presented at a farewell function.
Ambassador program activities
- welcome event in November, after exams
- two day residential camp at Portsea on 13th - 15th February 2015 (compulsory)
- participation in orientation semester one (compulsory)
- be a peer mentor in semester one (compulsory)
- four self-select activities (minimum)
- skills workshops
- end-of-program celebration event
Camp is to challenge you and provide you with team and leadership skills.
Orientation provides immediate practice of your skills. Semester two orientation allows for mastery. The self-select activities allow you to make choices according to your interests. These can range from volunteering, workshops and other activities offered via the booking system throughout the year. You are to do a minimum of four but there is no upper limit.
- positively represent Business and Economics.
- share your university experiences with future and/or commencing students at orientation, open day and other university events
- be willing and able to promote the Faculty of Business and Economics.
- have completed eight units (48 points) of study at the end of 2014
- be enrolled as an undergraduate student of the Monash Faculty of Business and Economics
- have demonstrated involvement in extracurricular activities such as sport, theatre, clubs and dance
- possess excellent interpersonal skills
- have a desire to participate, make new friends and have fun
Use our online form to apply for the 2015 ambassador program. Applications will open on 14 August 2014.
Selection process timeline:
- applications open on 14 August 2014
- applications close at 11:59pm on Sunday 21 September 2014
- applicants will be short-listed and notified by 10 October 2014
- interviews (if required) will be during the week commencing 13 October 2014
- applicants notified of outcome by 24 October 2014 (before exams)
Attendance at the camp and orientation are compulsory. If you are not able to attend please do not apply.
PAL Program Manager
Building N, level 4, Caulfield Campus
Phone 03 9903 1403
|PAL Program Videos|