We offer a range of academic skills development programs and resources for our postgraduate Monash Business School students which are designed to further develop and enhance your academic skills. These programs and resources are in addition to those offered by Monash Library.
- Mastering Academic and Research Skills (MARS) for Monash Business School postgraduate students
- Q Manual
You are encouraged to enrol in this award winning Moodle site which has been designed by the Monash Library especially for postgraduate coursework students of the Monash Business School. The revised 2016 MARS site aims to improve your academic performance by developing your research and learning skills. The six 'MARS' modules contain online lessons and further resources to help you develop some of the key academic and research skills you need to succeed in your postgraduate study.
After completing all the MARS modules, you should be able to:
- Recognise the academic culture and expectations of postgraduate study
- Develop your group work and oral presentation skills
- Develop skills to find quality resources
- Develop effective reading, note-taking and critical thinking strategies
- Identify and develop academic writing skills
- Develop effective exam preparation and performance skills
You can self-enrol in the new and improved 2016 MARS moodle site.
The purpose of the Q (for Quality) Manual is to provide new students with practical and easily accessible information regarding university-level study. Commencing Monash Business School students receive the Business and Economics Q Manual at our Orientation program. You can also download the Q Manual as a pdf.
Resources and opportunities